Bring the colorful flavors of Thailand right to your dining table with this simple yet satisfying bowl of tofu curry! This recipe is made with rice noodles, but feel free to omit the noodles if you prefer to eat this with rice or on its own!
For this recipe, I used Thai Kitchen’s Green Curry Paste, which can be purchased at your nearest grocery store or from Amazon with the link I’ve included above. If you prefer a different brand, that’s okay; any green curry paste should work just fine!
tofu (medium firm-firm)
coconut milk (one 13.5oz can)
one bell pepper
1/2 a yellow onion
1-2 cloves garlic
3 tbs green curry paste
1 cup vegetable broth
1 zucchini squash, sliced
1 cup green beans
2 tsp brown sugar
optional: spice seasoning of choice, green onions
juice of half a lime
2 tbs olive oil
- Prep: slice the onion, bell pepper, zucchini squash, and green beans. Mince the garlic. Cut the tofu into 1in. cubes. Prepare the zucchini squash, green beans, and tofu by steaming them in a separate pot until tender.
- In a large pan, sauté the cut-up onions, bell pepper, and garlic in olive oil on medium heat until the onions start to brown.
- To the pan, add the coconut milk, curry paste, vegetable broth, brown sugar, and any spice seasonings you may like. Stir until combined.
- Cook the rice noodles by adding them to a large pot of boiling water. Let it sit for about 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Drain the noodles. Add them to the curry sauce and mix until everything is well-incorporated.
- To the curry, add the steamed tofu, zucchini squash, and green beans.
- Top with chopped green onions, serve, and enjoy!