This plant-based take on traditional scrambled eggs has become one of my go-to breakfast recipes!
What’s great about this recipe is that its satiating yet light, leaving you feeling energized instead of heavy and sluggish. I would recommend this recipe to anyone who loves scrambled eggs but aims to reduce their cholesterol intake while incorporating more fiber and protein into their diet!
This recipe is also easily modifiable. At its core, it’s simply tofu mixed with spinach and onions. But this recipe allows for lots of freedom to add any vegetables/ingredients you may have laying around the kitchen. I’ve included some suggestions below:
- Try adding/serving with:
roasted bell pepper
- Prep: with a fork, smash the tofu until it’s crumbly and resembles scrambled eggs. (tip: do this on a paper towel to absorb excess moisture from the tofu!)
- In a medium pan, sauté the onions in olive oil until the edges start to brown.
- Mix in the tofu and any additional vegetables you make like (bell peppers, quinoa)
- Add the spinach. Mix until the leaves are wilted.
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic, powder, and smoked paprika to taste.
- Top with avocado and hot sauce- enjoy!