Full of spice and life, these tofu tacos are bursting with flavor and will keep you coming back for more! This recipe is quick and easy to make, and easily customizable for anyone who want’s to make it their own!
Tacos have always been one of my favorite meals to make with friends. I’ve learned that the work is easily divisible, and this recipe is beginner-friendly! Even if you or your friend lack cooking experience, I’m confident that you’ll be able to make these delicious tacos. My roommate and I make these every (Taco) Tuesday!
Spanish rice (store-bought)
1/2 yellow onion
1 bell pepper
- Slice the onion and bell pepper into thin strips. In a large pan on medium heat, sauté the onion and bell pepper in olive oil until the onions start to brown.
- With a fork, smash the tofu until it’s crumbly. (Tip: I like do this on a paper towel to absorb some of the water that seeps from the tofu)
- Add the tofu-crumble to the pan. Mix until the tofu and vegetables are well-incorporated.
- Add taco seasoning to taste; stir. (If your tofu mixture gets too dry as you add seasoning, add small amounts of water to the pan until desired consistency is achieved). Cook for about 5-7mins.
- In a separate pot, make the Spanish rice by bringing it to a boil, then reducing the heat and letting it simmer for about 15mins. (Since this is store-bought, cooking times may vary; follow the instructions on the box.)
- Warm the tortillas by placing them in a pan on medium heat, flipping after 1-2mins.
- Assemble your tacos! Top with salsa, guacamole, lettuce, or whatever condiments you may like. Enjoy! 🙂